Massage has often been seen as a source of relaxation and pampering. It has also been used for thousands of years, in many different cultures, for healing and wellness. Touch is an innate part of healing. When a small child is feeling ill a parent holds them, caresses their forehead, or rubs their back. Humans touch in order to ease stress and injury. Massage is a natural healing response taken to a more studied level. Trained Massage Therapists know how to ease your aches and pains with scientific precision.
Your session will be customized to your individual needs. The length and focus of your session will be determined on what you, and your therapist, feel is necessary for you to have the most successful outcome. Each therapist uses a variety of techniques and modalities to ensure the best outcome for your individual goals. We provide massage services in our Herndon location and on an out-call basis, in the clients home or office.
Benefits of Massage
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high levels of stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues. Including:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
The following rates are for your custom massage. (Additional charges will apply for out-call services)
60 minute – $125
90 minute – $175
120 minute – $220